21st Century Skills & Website Creation - Week 4

 Hi! 

    We started this week quite fast since we're running out of time a bit :') Our research papers were completed more or less and we sent our papers to our WhatsApp group to check and proof-read. I must confess that, we all did very well. I am feeling confident about the academic reasoning of our website, hopefully. 

   A few days later, we started to think about our conclusion and further suggestions part. During the teacher training part of the project as I mentioned before in my previous blog entries, we were introduced to many different digital tools in the scope of '21st Century Skills'. With my group members, we decided to use as many tools as possible in the rest of the website. 

    While we were talking about role distribution, I offered them to create a video for the conclusion part. As we were introduced to a tool called 'Animoto' during the teacher training sessions. Due to the fact that I offered such a thing, I said that I can create the conclusion part by using this tool. And for the further suggestions part, Öken offered to do that part and we decided upon which tool to use and finally came up with 'Thinglink'. In that case Öken and I were occupied but Ahsen and Zeynep were free so Ahsen thought it would be better to contribute to conclusion part and work with me; while Zeynep decided to work with Öken in the further suggestions part. 

    The next day Ahsen told me that she could extract some parts from our research papers and prepare a text for me. She sent me the conclusion part that she prepared and it was 2 pages long... So it was too hard to include all those words in a 2min video. Besides these the language use was not that interesting so with what I got from her, I invested some more time to create some more interesting and outstanding texts. But I must admit that although she wrote a different text than I asked from her, she really did a great job since I took as a centre of her paper of conclusion and improved it. Thank you Ahsen! 

    The video creation was really painful. It was the first time of me using 'Animoto'. It took a while for me to get used to how the site was working. But by clicking on each and every button, I understood quite a lot of things :') The production was not as easy as I thought at the beginning. I spent hours on it.  Apart from writing the texts I first of all organised the texts that I wanted to use and along with that I wanted to keep the audience active so directed some question as well. The next stage was creating some photos in the site called 'Canva'. I designed all the photos I wanted to use there then took them from there to 'Animoto'. It was again a hard process but since I was so used to using 'Canva' I handled it well. The timing of the each section, the background music selection and the design of the video were other aspects of the production but in the end I was so proud of our conclusion video. 

    The following day, I uploaded the video on my YouTube channel and you can see it below attached as well :) So that we would be able to give a link to the video from our website...

    Öken and Zeynep were prepared about what to suggest more as implications but they couldn't do the 'Thinglink' part on time but it was not a problem since after that they did it pretty well and I am proud of them too for their great effort! 

The link to the video and to my channel: CLICK HERE!!!




Bilge Güral xx

 

    

Comments