About VR

After a while, hello again!
Thanks to my lecturer Assistant Prof. Tuncer Can  I had the chance of experiencing VR (Virtual Reality) at Instructional Technologies & Materials Design course. Before sharing my experiences I would like to give a bit information about what VR is. It is an interactive computer-generated experience taking place in a simulated environment. The main purpose is to make people feel that they are really living that moment in any environment which is designed to that end. Actually, there are two types of VR. Firstly, the computer-screen or computer-enhanced VR. Majority of the people are familiar with this type as they are using it for a long time. Computer games might be a good example. Secondly, the one with virtual reality headset. Contemporary VR technology utilizes virtual reality headset. It is much more easy to make use of it, briefly it is very practical. When I used it, for that moment I felt as if I were at a different place apart from where I actually was. I was able to make movements which controlled my movements in that particular environment to be more clear I was flying an air-plane so when I turned left the air-plane turned left too so, as you can understand my movements and the air-plane's were synchronized. Moreover while I was experiencing VR I realized that I was highly motivated. As for Education, From my point of view rather than using coursebooks all the time, for a change and to make students' motivation high VR might be one of the best activities to be implemented at class. With that VR experience, students will have a memory to be remembered for the rest of their lives and that is what a teacher aims to do :)

Here are some photos while I was trying VR

    

Comments